As a resident/fellow of UTMB, you have Exclusive access to a Guaranteed Individual Disability Insurance program* through PRS and Ameritas. The plan is referred to as ‘Part A’ Disability Insurance in your employee handbook.
Summary of UTMB Part A Disability Insurance
- Specialty Specific, non-offsetting definition of coverage
- FULL Mental Nervous protection to age 67 for ALL medical specialties
- 90-day elimination period and payable to age 67
- Permanent UNISEX Discounts
- Fully portable
- Ability to increase to $6,000 of coverage during training, and up to $15,000 after training with
- No Medical Exam or Medical Records
- Only 2 questions
- Each resident is enrolled in a $1,000 per month individual disability policy at orientation
- 100% participation required, $36 monthly payroll deduction for UT-Galveston
*See the Summary Plan Document linked above for full details. Excludes podiatrists.